Monday 25 November 2013

Love letters and poetry

So recently I was having a chat with a friend of mine who recently become a Dr of English Literature, and he was listen to some love poetry and I was telling him how times have changed. I could not even remember when last a man wrote or read me a poem. In reality, we live in different times, where simple letter writing is non-existent.

I remember a time some many years ago when letter writing and poetry was an important part of attracting a woman’s attention.  With the uptake of all these social media non sense men are just not bringing their A game anymore. I partially blame us women because we have begun to settle for these mediocre so called less than romantic advances. Can either of you remember the last time you were made to feel like a princess/woman via something so simple and powerful like poetry or a love letter because I sure as hell cannot. Yes I am not saying we leave it all up to the men, we as women also need to pull in our A game.


Women and men alike, just because you have won him or her over it doesn’t mean the romance has to stop or how else are you going to keep the spark alive (whatever that means). The romance and magic should live well into the relationship and not just the early days. So to you all I say demand the romance (I’m not now saying go demand expensive gifts or whatever, in fact if you can’t do it for yourself don’t demand it from someone else). Let’s get back to letter writing and poetry I say.   

No comments:

Post a Comment