Friday 15 November 2013

Friendship


Friendship is a concept I’ve come to appreciate. I first fell in love with it when I first stepped into boarding school at the tender age of 9. From the onset I came to realise the “I am going to tell my mommy days” would slowly be a thing of the past. Boarding school was the place where I first learned that family was anyone who cared about you.
                      

So over the years I grew the ability to know and see when a friendship was going to work out well or not. I must admit, I’ve made a lot of bad choices in my life but my friends are the one great choice I’ve never regretted. I have all sorts of friends from different works of life and they all seem to have one thing in common, SARCASM. I have friends who can make a bad joke feel like ice-cream on a hot summer’s day. If there were degrees for this sort of thing, most of them would be doctors in the field. Take T for example, super small woman but the girl can spit a joke as lethal as venom. Then there is S, her sarcasm is hidden in all the fancy English words (Which I am forced to google at times). GS is the worst, she can deliver a diss with a smile and motivational quote, and woman is a genius. Then we have the lady truth Miss L, girl tells the truth with no regard and she tells it with such finesse. I mean the list is endless, but these same guys who tell such shocking jokes that make you want to kill  yourself (depending on how sensitive you are) are my great friends, sisters. In fact they are my family.  Like all families we have our fights; they kak me out and I return the favour. They have however, always been supportive and available to listen to me rant about everything and anything.



So my question to you is, how lucky are you in friendship and how often do you take the time to walk down this two way street! At the end of the day, we are all human beings who tend to be connected to a circle of people who understand and get us with no judgement. Whose advice we filter and take because they ultimately they care about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment