Monday 10 March 2014

THE REAR VIEW MIRROR BROUGHT CLOSER


Ever wonder how you out grew the silly things you use to get up to back in the days, because I do.

Growing up in the hostel teaches you some early on lessons in the art of survival and occasional bullying (well what else could we do when all we had were Tamagotchi’s). I still recall the first time I got into trouble, the kind that was course for expulsion. Organise a whopping for a girl who use to steal from the girls in the hostel; mind you I was only grade 3at the time and I was playing the role of Don King (please don’t ask me who he is for I will smack you). To top that off we use to sneak off to the Katutura swimming pool knowing very well we would get our butts whopped. We’d come back with blood red eyes and still lie about our whereabouts  (the absence of common sense).  


Eish the road travelled.


I think I was so much of a rebel growing up after high school I decided to reinvent myself. However, the reinvention did not minimize the talking. Often I worry that without my verbal diarrhoea, I will fade into the background and my opinion will not be heard (ok, exaggeration on my part). In fact, I can’t allow for my mouth to dry out for a minute because I worry toothpaste will become expensive and I wouldn’t be able to afford it.


The road travelled into adult is one filled with memories some worth reminiscing on others not so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment