Monday 14 April 2014

SHOPPING WOES

I recently found myself looking at my closet and going what the hell. Yep, as in the closet is empty (by women standards) and the last time I was actually in the shop buying anything was last year. Yes, I had become a shopping virgin in the last 4 months straight! If you’re a woman you’re thinking what an achievement and the guys are probably going sure thing that’s normal. So how did I become the girl who hasn’t bought anything in forever, in simple terms I am what they call a student or as my dad likes to put it ‘the leech of his money’.

Being a student is hard especially when you like things the way I do. I am at a point where I have to make an informed decision between KFC one meal and its gone or buying bread which can go beyond 3 days. At times I’ve had to convince yourself the mall is an infectious disease that I need to stay away from because all it does is take and take your money. It is even worse if you are a red label groupie like me................SALES girl. In order for me to stay away from the red labels I avoid the mall like the black plague. As a matter of fact when I told my friend I had not bought anything (clothe wise) they thought I was strong excising self control (The internal laughter I had at that moment) which was an absolute lie. I was flat broke to buy anything, period.

So as a reward for good behaviour I went out and got myself a top. Boy did I make a huge mistake. I felt like an ex alcoholic in a liquor store. Everything in the store was calling out to me and my atm card. The speed at which I left the mall was faster than sonic the hedgehog (Know your cartoons...LOL). Needless to say this new found hippie life style is good for my bank account which is already struggling to get to month end. 

1 comment: