Wednesday 19 February 2014

The road to flawless skin: Part 1

After years of fighting dark spots and acne, if I can even call it that, I have finally decided to end this never ending phase of puberty. Hell, I am well beyond the puberty stage but these pimples do not seem to agree. My relationship with pimples honestly needs to end. In order for this to happen, I had to seek professional council and by that I mean a mean ass dermatologist.


Some of you are probably thinking "has she completely lost it?" Before you ride off into the sunset on the judgment horse first hear me out. All my life, I've been surrounded by people with flawless skin. Yes, it was a little intimidating at first but I figured; what the hek, it’s only a passing phase. Boy was I wrong! Name an acne over the counter product and I have used it. Well at the time I thought, a wash and cream in the morning, afternoon and evening will do the trick. And I did used them all expecting to look as good as new. Perhaps not immediately (although at first) but after a few weeks or months. That was some 12 odd years ago. And don't you dare start making pointless calculations about my age. It will not solve my acne problem nor will it help my mental state right now. All you need to know is that I have seen many sunrises and sunsets and lived through acne filled days. Let us not lose focus please.


Anyway, after years of going through different products, both cheap and expensive (by that I mean equal to two denims from Mr P,) I have decided to throw in the towel and seek professional help. By the way, the pharmacies pretended to not remember who I was when I went back to get my money back. The first thing I did after receiving my new best friend aka face cream from the dermatologist, was to march straight to my laptop, can you say GOOGLE anybody? Oh Yes I did it. Of cos I got it from a professional but Google beats that professional who probably spent years reading about pimples all their life. In all honesty, I was worried about the things the Doctor 'forgot' to mention such as side effects of using this magic cream. Boy, did I regret reading about the side effects. I mean they were more than China's 2012 population (Ok maybe I'm being a bit dramatic) but they were enough to make me start second guessing my decision to visit a professional.


However, when acne and desperation make up a sentence to describe your current state, you sort of suck it up and visualise your future flawless skin. Hek, even Justin Bieber suffers from acne. At my age, how am I to share a commonality with 18 year old Justin Bieber??


Needless to say, all that worry was for nothing because the only side effects I've been experiencing so far are just dried lips. The Sahara desert currently has nothing on my lips. My face has also started giving the Niger Delta a run for their money. Perhaps Knowledge Katti should consider mining for oil on my face instead.



Eish! The struggle for flawless skin continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment