Friday 14 February 2014

Happy Valentine's day



Today all around the world we celebrate the commercial holiday for businesses to score big by selling us the idea of a love filled day. Well before you get me all wrong let me explain why I feel the way I do.  So a few days before 14 February aka Valentines days I decided to do something for myself. Yes I went out and shamelessly got myself a gift as no one was offering. 


With that out of the way I figured I could try and push my budget just a little to get myself a second gift, a tattoo. Only problem I had with this idea was the fact that, I wasn’t much of a sucker for pain. I was considering getting the tattoo in an area that’s considered too painful to link, the wrist. Yes, out of sheer fascination I was going to link my name to my wrist. It’s not like I didn’t already love myself (Sounding slightly egotistic, I know). After much thought and deliberation I decided to abandon the idea all together. 


With that scrapped of my list I went to sleep plotting on what to do with myself on Valentine’s Day. No sooner had I gotten into bed, the mosquitoes decided hell if we aren’t feeding of you then you aren’t sleeping. I kid you not, these little suckers were out for pounds of blood.  Without even realizing it I was on their Valentines list as the main course. The night has never been so long. So being the strategist that I was I decided covering up all of my body even in this heat except for my face would be a better option. I mean what mosquitoes would want to feed from an oily face, anyway. Boy, Was I wrong! The little suckers tried and succeeded in feeding off my face it was crazy. At that point even acne irritation felt way better. To add to my frustrations some of my neighbors figured it was ok to start singing and screaming kumbaya at the oddest hour of the night. The battle between the mosquitoes and I went on for so long, until I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer. I gave into sleep and let the mosquitoes do their worst and boy did they.  


Needless to say after already no being excited about V-day the mosquitoes made sure I was in the worst of moods all together this morning. So after having scarred the tattoo idea I decided I could still get myself a valentine’s gift in the form of all available mosquito terminating products on the shelf.  Yes you read right for Valentine’s Day I got myself Doom in all its forms and sizes.  I figured I might not be romantic but on this Valentine’s Day I will finally get to sleep in peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment